Laboratory tests in Kiev, Cherkassy, Kropivnitskiy
With the help of laboratory tests, a doctor can monitor the therapy effectiveness over time, and also make adjustments to it if necessary.
What tests can be taken at the medical center?
All main clinical and laboratory tests can be made at the medical center “DoctorPRO”:
- Gynecological tests (microscopy of the urogenital smear, PAP test, Femoflor screen);
- Allergen tests (domestic, food, ALEX-test);
- STD blood test;
- enzyme immunoassay (ELISA test);
- hormone test (progesterone, prolactin and thyroid-stimulating hormone - TSH);
- bacteriological tests (culture from the nose, throat, ears, urine);
- mycotic infection test.
The following is on the list of the clinical test performed:
- blood test (including blood group test, blood-sedimentation test, hemoglobin blood test);
- urine test (common urine test, Zimnitskiy test, Nechiporenko test);
- stool test, ova and parasite test;
The biochemical analysis panel allows to study:
- markers of anemia (hemoglobin and ferritin blood test);
- carbohydrate metabolism disorder (24-hour urine test, glucose, insulin);
- blood biochemistry (complete blood count).
How to take urine test correctly?
Several factors can affect the accuracy of the test results, so it is very important to prepare in advance for its delivery. For the reliability of urine test, the following rules shall be observed:
- exclude physical activity, alcohol, spicy and salty foods, as well as products that change the color of urine (beets, beans, carrots, blueberries) at least 24 hours before delivery;
- observe the usual drinking regime;
- do not take diuretics and other drugs;
- refrain from sexual intercourse 12 hours before the test;
- before taking urine, you need to wash yourself with soap (for men - with the opening of glans penis);
- Women are advised to insert a tampon into vagina before collecting urine (the test cannot be taken during menstruation).
Collect urine in a sterile plastic container. For a common test, the entire portion of the morning urine is collected. For Nechiporenko test, only average portion is needed, so first you need to urinate in the toilet for 1-3 seconds, and then, without interrupting the urination process, place a sterile container and collect about 50 ml of urine into it. The last portion of urine is drained into the toilet.
For Zimnitskiy test, urine is collected every three hours during the day. From the moment you wake up until 9 am you need to urinate in the toilet. Then 8 urine portions are collected over the next 24 hours:
- 1st: from 09.00 tо 12.00;
- 2nd: from 12.00 tо 15.00;
- 3rd: from 15.00 tо 18.00;
- 4th: from 18.00 tо 21.00;
- 5th: from 21.00 tо 24.00;
- 6th: from 24.00 tо 03.00;
- 7th: from 03.00 tо 06.00;
- 8th: from 06.00 tо 09.00.
The urine is collected in sterile containers. Each one must indicate the serial number of the portion, the collection time and the urine volume. All eight samples must be refrigerated prior to deliver to laboratory.
How to take stool test?
Before collecting feces for the test, you need to prepare a special sterile container and a clean plastic container treated with boiling water (for example, a disposable plate). The procedure is carried out in the morning on an empty stomach or maximum 8 hours before sending the sample to the laboratory.
After showering or washing, you need to urinate so that urine does not get into the feces, and then defecate in a prepared plastic container. Next, with a spoon built into the lid of the container, it is necessary to collect stool fragments from two or three sections of the entire fecal mass into the container. It should be no more than one third full. The container must be refrigerated before being sent to the laboratory.
How to take complete blood count?
Venous blood is mainly taken for complete blood count. It has a richer biochemical composition in comparison with the capillary one, which ensures high accuracy of test results. The venous blood test allows to study a wide range of biochemical parameters, as well as to identify the presence of infectious and other pathological processes in the body.
Blood from a finger is taken mainly for the quantitative and qualitative study of its elements: erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets and hemoglobin, as well as to determine the coagulability and glucose content in it. A blood test from a finger is also taken in cases where it is impossible to take it from a vein for certain reasons.
The test is taken in the morning on an empty stomach or 3-4 hours after a light breakfast, which should not contain sugar, milk and apples. Before delivering blood test, you can only drink non-carbonated mineral water. You must not smoke an hour before the test. After arriving to the laboratory, it is recommended to sit quietly for 10-15 minutes, since excitement and physical stress can affect the ratio of hormones and other biochemical parameters of the blood.
Why is the blood test taken in the fasting state?
Biochemical blood test is performed after 8-12 hour fast, because food consumption significantly affects the result. This applies, first of all, to the blood glucose test, as well as the lipid pattern test. Blood test on an empty stomach is needed to identify the following:
- aberration of glucose metabolism. In all healthy people, its content in the blood on an empty stomach ranges from 3.3 to 5.5 mmol/l. Exceeding these indicators is a sign of endocrine system disorder;
- anemia. Iron enters the human body only with food, so if you eat breakfast, its content in the blood will increase, and the doctor will not find a deficiency.
In addition, after a meal, the level of insulin rises in the blood, the amount of thyroid hormones and testosterone changes, so the test results will be unreliable. And the use of fatty foods technically complicates the test - they cause temporary increase in the amount of fatty acids in the blood and its clouding.
Where to take tests in Kiev, Cherkassy, Kropivnitskiy?
You can take test in Kiev, Cherkassy, Kropivnitskiy at the medical center “DoctorPRO”. The advantages of our laboratory tests are the following:
- accuracy and reliability of the test results is confirmed by regular checks by an independent quality control service;
- saving of time. You can take gynecological tests or other tests prescribed by a doctor immediately in the laboratory of the medical center;
- attention to each patient. We do our best to ensure that the procedure for collecting material for the test minimizes the discomfort.
Make appointment for the tests at the medical center “DoctorPRO” by leaving application on the website or by calling the specified phone number. Operators will select the date and time of the visit, as well as answer all your questions.