Treatment of arrhythmia
The heart rate reflects the health of the cardiovascular system. If the heart rate is higher or lower than 60-80 beats per minute, or their rhythm is disturbed, this indicates the arrhythmia.
What is arrhythmia?
Arrhythmia is a pathological condition characterized by an abnormality in the frequency, rhythm, or sequence of heartbeats. It occurs when an electrical impulse passes incorrectly causing the heart muscle to contract.
There are 5 types of cardiac arrhythmia:
- tachycardia - the heart rate at rest exceeds 80 beats per minute;
- bradycardia - characterized by a slow pulse (less than 60 beats per minute);
- paroxysmal arrhythmia — a sudden increase in heart rate up to 200 beats per minute;
- ciliary arrhythmia — characterized by disorder of the coordinated atrial contraction;
- extrasystolic arrhythmia — the most common type of arrhythmia. It is characterized by an extraordinary contraction of the whole heart or a certain part of it. Extrasystolic arrhythmia occurs due to incorrect passage of a nerve impulse from the sinoatrial node to the ventricles causing the disturbance of rhythm and sequence of heart contractions. The reason for the development of this type of arrhythmia may be injury of heart tissue (heart attack, cardiomyopathy, ischemic disease), severe stress, the effect of toxic substances (alcohol, nicotine, some medications).
Symptoms of extrasystolic arrhythmia:
- deterioration in performance;
- feeling of "sinking" heart;
- lack of air;
- skin pallor;
- hot flash, increased sweating;
- sensation of the heart hitting the chest wall.
What to do with arrhythmia?
If the cardiac rhythm disorder is not caused by injury of the organ tissues as a result of diseases, does not cause deterioration in well-being and quality of life, then drug treatment is not required. In this case, it is recommended to reconsider the lifestyle: give up bad habits, switch to a healthy diet, avoid stress and normalize sleep.
In other cases, drug therapy is aimed primarily at treating the disease that caused arrhythmia, as well as restoring a normal heart rhythm with antiarrhythmic drugs. Arrhythmia can be cured at the medical center “DoctorPRO” in Cherkassy. To make an appointment, leave an application on the website or call the specified phone number.