Treatment of cardiac insufficiency
Cardiac insufficiency is a dangerous pathology that causes impairment of circulation in the body and disorder of vital organs. The disease is diagnosed mainly in older people.
What is cardiac insufficiency?
Cardiac insufficiency (СI) is a pathological condition when the heart muscle cannot fully pump blood. As a result of impaired circulation, organs and tissues do not receive enough oxygen and nutrients, and blood congestion occurs. The main reasons for the development of cardiac insufficiency are the following:
- damage to the heart muscle - myocardial infarction, ischemic heart disease (IHD), myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, rheumatism;
- increased load on the heart muscle - hypertonia, heart valve pathology;
- heart rhythm disorder - bradycardia, tachycardia;
- exposure to toxic substances - chemotherapy, alcohol, heavy metals.
Stages of cardiac insufficiency development:
- At the first stage of СI, the symptoms of pathology (labored breathing, fatigue and rapid heartbeat) appear only during physical activity. The circulation has not yet been impaired.
- The second stage is characterized by prolonged circulatory failure. Signs of disorder of internal organs are manifested at rest, the ability to work is sharply limited. In the first period of stage II, the symptoms of СI are usually mild and disappear after a night's rest, in the second one they are clearly expressed and are constantly present.
- The third stage of CI is a severe impairment of circulation causing irreversible changes in the tissues of internal organs and total disability.
How does cardiac insufficiency manifest?
The symptoms of cardiac insufficiency are manifested in different ways, depending on which part of the heart is affected. The main signs of cardiac insufficiency are the following:
- labored breathing;
- paroxysmal cough;
- swelling of the legs;
- skin pallor;
- weakness, fatigue;
- heart rhythm disorder.
Can cardiac insufficiency be cured?
Cardiac insufficiency cannot be completely cured as it is a chronic disease, but with the help of drug therapy, it can be brought under control, preventing the development of complications and improving the patient's quality of life. Medical treatment of cardiac insufficiency consists of the regular use of drugs that dilate blood vessels and support heart function (cardiac glycosides, ACE inhibitors, potassium supplements, beta-blockers).
Make appointment to medical center “DoctorPRO” in Cherkasy to start treatment of cardiac insufficiency and prevent the development of complications. Leave an application on the website or call the specified phone number.