Causes of the digestive system diseases
Digestion is the process that processes food that enters the gastrointestinal tract. The task of digestion is to maintain the vital functions of the body, replenish its energy reserves, saturation with vitamins and trace elements necessary for the normal functioning of all organs and systems.
The digestive system performs the function of digesting food, absorbing digested nutrients into the blood and excreting undigested food debris. The balance of its work depends on the normal functioning of many of its organs:
- oral cavity;
- pharynx and esophagus;
- liver and gallbladder;
- small and large intestine.
Under the influence of many factors, the work of the digestive system organs can be disturbed as the life of a contemporary person is full of temptations and circumstances contributing to this.
Causes of digestive system diseases:
- unbalanced diet (lack or excess in the diet of proteins, fats, carbohydrates);
- lack of dietary regimen;
- frequent consumption of spicy, salty, sour, fatty, fried or smoked foods, pickled products;
- overeating or excessively spare diet;
- excessive intake of coffee, alcoholic and carbonated drinks, products containing dyes and preservatives; intolerance to individual foods;
- taking medications that affect negatively the digestive organs;
- low physical activity;
- excessive emotional strain and frequent stress; non-compliance with personal hygiene;
- helminthic invasions, infections, including Helicobacter pylori;
- congenital disorders and genetic predisposition.
Symptoms of digestive system diseases:
- abdominal pain;
- bad breath;
- heartburn, belching, hiccups;
- bitter taste in mouth;
- decrease or lack of appetite;
- swallowing disorder;
- nausea, vomiting;
- painful defecation;
- sharp decrease in body weight;
- icteric staining of the skin and sclera of the eyes;
- weakness, fatigue.
Treatment of the digestive system diseases in “DoctorPRO” in Bila Tserkva
Treatment of the digestive system diseases in Bila Tserkva is conducted by gastroenterologists of the medical center “DoctorPRO”. Our doctors have continuous practice and sufficient experience in solving such problems.
Therapy of the gastrointestinal tract diseases will be in strict adherence to a suitable diet and medication intake, prescribed by a doctor, which may include the following:
- cholagogic medications;
- laxatives or antidiarrheal drugs;
- motor stimulants;
- acidity regulators;
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- drugs normalizing the intestinal microflora;
- herbal medicinal products.
Diseases of the digestive system require mandatory medical care, as complications of diseases of the digestive system are possible without proper treatment.
Prevention of diseases of the digestive organs, which the attending doctor recommends, includes the following:
- adherence to a special diet;
- normalization of dietary structure and regimen;
- rejection of social habits;
- increase in physical activity and minimization of stress.
Call the medical center “DoctorPRO” or fill in the feedback form, and the clinic administrator will choose the most convenient consultation time for you.