Causes of diseases of the respiratory organs
An ordinary person can live without oxygen for no more than five minutes. The body is supplied with this component of the air through the respiratory system which is a set of organs, including:
- nasal cavity;
- nasopharynx and oropharynx;
Using the respiratory system, oxygen enters the body and gaseous products of metabolism are excreted, including carbon dioxide. In addition to the main functions – respiration and gas exchange – the respiratory system also takes part in heat exchange, voice formation, olfaction, humidification of inhaled air, the synthesis of hormones, and other metabolic processes.
Causes of respiratory diseases are as follows:
- bacterial infections (pneumococci, Haemophilus influenzae, mycoplasma, chlamydia, Mycobacterium tuberculosis);
- viral infections, including influenza;
- body’s sensitivity to external allergens;
- disruptions in the endocrine system that trigger autoimmune processes in the body;
- genetic predisposition and congenital anomalies;
The factors provoking the development of these diseases include the following:
- air pollution, including domestic;
- unfavorable climate;
- smoking, alcohol abuse;
- the presence of comorbidities and foci of chronic infections.
The respiratory system diseases are characterized by the duration of the course. They can significantly impair the patient’s well-being, cause weakness, reduce the quality of life, and even lead to fatal consequences. Therefore, experts recommend not to postpone the visit to the doctor, and to seek in time the qualified medical assistance for a complete examination and further treatment.
Diagnostics of diseases of the respiratory organs includes:
- history taking of the disease;
- general examination of the patient;
- laboratory and instrumental research methods.
Symptoms of respiratory diseases:
- dry or wet cough;
- chest pain aggravated during inhalation or coughing fits;
- difficulty breathing, shortness of breath;
- fever, chills, headache;
- weakness, high fatigue;
- blood-tinged discharge in sputum.
The most common diseases of the respiratory system:
- bronchial asthma;
- acute or chronic bronchitis;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- bronchiectatic disease;
- respiratory distress syndrome;
- thromboembolia of the pulmonary artery;
Treatment of diseases of the respiratory organs in “DoctorPRO” in Bila Tserkva
Treatment of diseases of the respiratory organs in Bila Tserkva is carried out in the medical center “DoctorPRO”. The diagnostic base of our clinic enables to conduct a comprehensive examination of each patient seeking for medical help. Experienced doctors of the medical center, by applying long-term experience and using modern techniques, make an accurate diagnosis and choose an effective treatment for the patient, which helps his body to recover fully.
In order to get rid of the disease in the shortest possible time, it is important to follow strictly the prescriptions and recommendations of the attending physician, since under-treated colds, or respiratory illnesses without taking a sick day can provoke complications of respiratory diseases.
Prevention of respiratory diseases, which the doctor will describe during the consultation, includes:
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle and immune system reinforcement;
- regular medical examinations with mandatory general tests and X-rays.
In the presence of chronic diseases, it is important to avoid contact with allergens and to observe strictly the doctor’s prescriptions.
Contact “DoctorPRO” - we know how to help you!