Treatment of cholecystitis in “DoctorPRO” in Cherkassy, Bila Tserkva, Kropivnitsky and Chernihiv
Cholecystitis or gallbladder inflammation is a disease of mixed etiology that develops in patients of any gender and age.
The first asymptomatic stage is stagnation of bile. The absence of timely outflow of fluid leads to a change in its chemical composition, toxins begin to accumulate in it, and pathogenic microorganisms develop. Poisons and bacteria attack the mucous membrane of the ducts, disrupt the integrity of tissues, cause inflammation. At this stage, the main symptom of the disease appears: pain in the right hypochondrium. Simultaneously the following symptoms of cholecystitis are observed:
- increased heart rate;
- general weakness against a background of constant soreness;
- repeated vomiting;
- fever and a sharp increase in body temperature, possibly profuse sweating.
Symptomatic is differentiated depending on the type of the disease; it also determines the nature of the pain. Some patients complain of mild, moderate pain. But this does not mean that the condition is not dangerous: most likely, the nerve endings have been destroyed, and an immediate diagnostics of cholecystitis is required. The ultrasound of the abdominal region is indicated, as well as a general blood test and contrast radiography in some cases. Studies reveal the current state of the gallbladder and ducts, the presence, and location of concrements, the type of disease, and enable to prescribe or adjust treatment.
Exacerbation of cholecystitis is observed after taking heavy food, alcohol-containing beverages, excessive or prolonged physical activity. In case of pain, it is recommended to make an appointment with a gastroenterologist. Timely detection of pathology and the onset of treatment enable to prevent the turning of the disease into the chronic stage, fraught with serious complications and a general violation of normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
Causes of cholecystitis
The disease is caused by various external and internal factors, it affects both adults and children. The following can cause the disease:
- hormonal disorders;
- trauma to the abdominal region;
- unhealthy diet (plenty of fatty and spicy food);
- excessive use of alcohol;
- anomalies in the ducts development.
Gastroenterology distinguishes two different pathological processes:
- Acute cholecystitis. The symptomatology appears unexpectedly. The disease is characterized by severe pain, general deterioration of well-being, fever. In some cases, the skin itches, its color changes (the cover and sclera acquire a yellow tint). The most dangerous complications of cholecystitis are inflammation of the peritoneum, impaired liver function.
- Chronic cholecystitis. It often develops as a result of untimely treatment, but it can also occur on its own. The main symptoms are the appearance of heaviness and pain after eating, nausea. The main danger is the risk of entering bile pigments into the bloodstream, which causes inflammation spread to surrounding tissues, organs and leads to general intoxication.
Effective treatment of cholecystitis in Cherkassy, Bila Tserkva, Kropivnitsky and Chernihiv is carried out in several stages. After an accurate diagnosis and detection of the patient’s condition, a course of medications normalizing the operation of the bile ducts is prescribed, as well as antibiotics to suppress the inflammatory process. In a number of cases, the supervising doctor can decide on a surgical intervention. After recovery, prevention is required, such as a balanced diet is prescribed, foods with high cholesterol content are excluded from the diet.
For health support, it is recommended to undergo a scheduled examination twice a year at a gastroenterologist. You can register for an appointment at the medical center “DoctorPRO” by contact phone numbers or by using the form on the website.