Treatment of enterocolitis in “DoctorPRO” in Cherkassy and Bila Tserkva
Enterocolitis is a simultaneous inflammation of the small and large intestines of various etiologies, detected in patients of any gender and age. Often the attack starts suddenly and is characterized by acute pain in the abdominal region.
Other symptoms of enterocolitis:
- defecation disorder: frequent desires alternate with constipation;
- clots of mucus or blood appear in the stool;
- general weakness, sweating, a slight increase in body temperature;
- possible reactions from the nervous system: rapid fatigue, apathy, drowsiness;
- with prolonged course - weight loss, vitamin deficiency due to insufficient absorption of nutrients;
- if the disease is accompanied by an infection, headaches and muscle pains, nausea and vomiting arise.
With this symptomatology, enterocolitis diagnostics is required. The gastroenterologist prescribes various examinations based on the patient’s anamnesis and his state of health. Usually, feces analysis and visual examination of the intestine are performed, and in some cases, an X-ray is required. According to the results, the cause of the disease is established, the appropriate treatment is selected.
Inflammation of the intestine can look like an ordinary disorder or dysbacteriosis. The patient should be alerted of frequent attacks of pain in the abdomen, worsened after meals or physical loads, flatulence and a feeling of heaviness in the intestines. In case of any digestion disorder, it is recommended to make an appointment with a specialist.
Causes of enterocolitis
Often the first signs of the disease appear due to a violation of a healthy lifestyle: the abuse of fatty foods, alcohol, cigarettes.
Acute enterocolitis is manifested as a result of:
- helminthic invasion;
- long-term intake of drugs that have a harmful effect on the intestinal microflora (for example, antibiotics);
- poor heredity;
- stress and weakening of immunity.
If the disease is not treated, chronic enterocolitis develops. It is characterized by the periodic remission of symptoms and their aggravation, provoked by both external and internal factors. The patient experiences regular abdominal pain, digestive problems.
Effective treatment is associated with the elimination of the cause of the inflammatory process. If intestinal infections were found, a course of antibiotics is prescribed to the patient. With drug suppression of the gastrointestinal tract, incompatible drugs are canceled and medications are prescribed to normalize the stool. To avoid relapse, prevention is important, such as compliance with diet and daily regimen.
With disregard for the recommendations of the gastroenterologist, complications of enterocolitis are manifested, such as persistent digestive disorders, decreased peristalsis, the death of villi, leading to a reduction in the absorption of nutrients.
Prevention of the disease is possible with a regular visit to a specialist. Make an appointment at the medical center “DoctorPRO” in Cherkassy, take care of your health