Cervical erosion is a change in the cellular structure of the epithelial tissue. Two opposite in nature process lead to the disease: in case of true type, small ulcerations without protective epithelium open on the cervix. With pseudo-erosion, connective tissue grows and forms distinctive growths.
Any girl can be in the risk zone of the disease, regardless of age and the presence of sexual activity. The cause of erosion can be different:
- unfavourable ecological environment;
- unhealthy lifestyle;
- traumas of the genitals (for example, during difficult delivery);
- hormonal imbalance.
A number of studies have established the relationship between the disease and the early onset of sexual activity, resulting in damage to the genitals that are not fully formed.
Most often, the disease is detected on routine gynecological examinations, since the symptoms of erosion are not expressed in 90% of women. And only in rare cases, the patient complains about minor blood-tinged discharge after sex and pain in the pelvic area.
Often the disease is determined by the development of inflammatory processes: the absence of epithelium increases the risk for the penetration of bacteria and viruses. In this case, there can be any symptomatology: from high temperature to purulent discharge with sharp odor. But the exact diagnosis of cervical erosion is possible only after the delivery of tests:
- smear for the microflora;
- cytological research to identify cells with a modified structure;
- biopsies of the cervix;
- ultrasound examination;
The method of research is selected by the doctor, and the interpretation of the results enables to determine the type of erosion and make a treatment plan.
The breakthrough in gynecology is the cauterization with radio waves. The peculiarity of the technique is the absence of a burn in the treated area. The patient does not experience any discomfort during or after the procedure. This is a painless treatment of erosion in Cherkassy.
Types of cervical erosion
Symptoms and methods of treatment of the disease largely depend on its type and causes:
- congenital cervical erosion. It develops in young women and tends to self-healing by 23-25 years. Most often, the cause of the disease becomes a genetic predisposition, weak immunity, abundance of stress;
- hormonal cervical erosion. Early puberty leads to this type of disease, and its course is often accompanied by violations of the menstrual cycle and changes in the work of the ovaries;
- glandular cervical erosion. One of the varieties of pseudo-erosion (proliferation of the epithelium);
- postpartum cervical erosion. It develops due to difficult delivery, with trauma to maternal passages.
Despite the fact that most types of erosion are asymptomatic and do not cause discomfort, dangerous diseases develop against it. Frequent complications of erosion are the following: the appearance of pustules and inflammations of the uterus, ovaries, and parovarium, HPV, genital herpes. But the greatest danger is the increased risk of tissue degeneration into a cancerous tumor. Therefore, erosion needs to be eliminated.
Removal of cervical erosion by radio waves enables to heal the damaged area after the first procedure. This is a non-contact and non-traumatic method of treatment, in which the patient does not experience any discomfort. Its advantages include:
- rapid recovery and return to the habitual way of life;
- no risk of scarring: the procedure does not affect the reproductive capacity of a woman and is suitable for nulliparous women;
- targeted action only on transformed tissues and the healthy cells are not affected.
You can arrange for the procedure on the web-site and by phone. A staff of professional doctors and nurses are ready to help you, there you will find modern equipment, as well as confidentiality.