Intrauterine spiral (IUD) and contraception in "DoctorPRO" in Cherkasy and Kropivnitsky
In the modern world, there are various methods of contraception, both male and female. One of the popular methods of female contraception is the intrauterine spiral (IUD). Convenience in location and a long term operation make the women tend to choose this contraception.
Modern medicine offers many ways of effective female contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce the risk of abortion, and one of them is the intrauterine spiral. It is a small device inserted by a gynecologist into the uterine cavity which prevents the ovum fertilization. The effectiveness of the method is close to 100%.
Spiral contraceptives provide a comprehensive impact:
- due to the copper contained in them, they create an unfavorable environment for fertilization and destroy spermatozoa;
- they do not give a fertilized ovum to attach to the uterine wall – pregnancy does not occur;
- they daily release micro-doses of the hormone causing endometrial atrophy, due to which menstruation becomes meager without disrupting ovulation or changing the hormonal background of the woman.
Therefore, the inserting of a spiral becomes a priority method of contraception for parous women, not planning a pregnancy in the next few years.
Spiral, as a contraceptive, provides the following benefits:
- guarantees long-term protection (5-8 years) after a single injection;
- does not cause hormonal disorders, and related problems (overweight, increased secretion of sebaceous glands, and so on);
- preserves the physiology of the sexual intercourse: no special preparation is required, both partners experience the fullness of the sensations;
- can be used during breastfeeding, as well as in diseases in which oral contraceptives cannot be taken;
- has a therapeutic effect on the inner lining of the uterine cavity;
- ensures rapid recovery of fertility if a woman wants to have a child.
However, intrauterine contraceptives do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (unlike the barrier contraception).
The intrauterine spiral "Mirena"
In the gynecological practice, various types of spirals are used, that are different in composition, appearance, and duration of action. Any contraceptive spiral has an anatomically adjusted shape – this ensures that the device will not cause discomfort, will not injure surrounding tissues. After examining and consulting a specialist, the patient chooses the best intrauterine device based on her age and medical condition.
The Mirena spiral is often used. It is special due to the presence of a special container with levonorgestrel – a hormone that regulates the work of the endometrium that is why the reliability of contraception and an additional therapeutic effect increase.
You can inject an intrauterine spiral in Cherkasy and Kropivnitsky in the clinic "DoctorPRO". The procedure is quick and painless and is performed in the first days of the cycle to exclude the probability of pregnancy.
After its injection the patient should keep the following recommendations throughout the week:
- give up heavy work;
- don't go to the saunas and baths;
- exclude sexual intercourses.
The gynecologist will tell you about other possible limitations. The second visit is mandatory in 7-10 days and is prescribed to control the general well-being of a woman.
There are certain contraindications to the procedure.
This method of protection is not suitable in the following cases:
- inflammation of the pelvic organs or chronic diseases of the reproductive system;
- presence of an ectopic pregnancy in the anamnesis;
- individual intolerance to copper or other substances contained in the device.
The spiral is removed by the doctor after the expiry of the action time-limit or on medical indications.
You can get additional consultation on the procedure and find an effective way to protect yourself from the pregnancy at the clinics "DoctorPRO" in Cherkasy and Kropivnitsky. Arrange a visit on the site or via the contact phone number.