Treatment of mastopathy in Cherkasy
Mastopathy is a pathological process characterized by the proliferation of glandular tissue of the mammary glands and the formation of benign tumors. It is necessary to identify and combat the disease in the clinic of mammology.
There are several forms of mastopathy:
- diffuse — small formations located along the lobules of the mammary gland;
- nodular — the formation of dense, large clusters of connective tissue;
- fibrocystic mastopathy — a mixed form of the disease, a benign growth that includes mixed cellular components.
Causes and symptoms of mastopathy
The main etiological factor in the development of gland hyperplasia is hormonal imbalance. When the progesterone level in a woman’s body decreases and the amount of estrogen increases, cell division processes are initiated. Thus, the epithelium of the ducts and the alveoli of the mammary glands proliferates. Additionally strands of connective tissue are formed.
A specialist can help to identify mastopathy in a timely manner, the main thing is to conduct regularly an examination. Do not self-medicate if you notice characteristic signs of the disease. When palpating the breasts, you may feel indurations, they can be painful, solid or elastic. Pay attention to the presence of discharge from the nipples. Breast asymmetry, discoloration and skin structure are important symptoms.
Diagnostics in the clinic
To diagnose mastopathy, various hardware techniques are used. First of all, the mammologist conducts a visual examination and palpation. To clarify the diagnosis, ultrasound examination of the mammary gland is prescribed. In some cases, mammography is required.
To assess the general condition of the body, it is advisable to undergo a general blood test. This can reveal the presence of inflammatory and other pathological processes. Biochemical blood test will help track hormonal disorders. In the case of detection of benign tumors in the mammary glands, it is very important to undergo a comprehensive examination.
How is mastopathy treated?
The treatment plan is selected individually. The factors are taken into account, namely concomitant diseases and pathologies in history, gynecological anamnesis and current endocrine profile. Depending on the form of mastopathy, different treatment variants are offered:
- Conservative method - the use of drug therapy. It is effective with diffuse and mixed forms of the disease.
- There are also non-surgical treatment options that your doctor can tell you more about. To date, effective protocols for drug therapy have been developed.
- Hormone replacement treatment. The hormonal drugs are chosen strictly individually, in the clinic. Trying to prescribe such medications yourself, you risk aggravating the course of the disease.
If you notice one or more of the symptoms described, you must consult a doctor. You can make an appointment with a specialist by using the form on the website or by telephone. Treatment of mastopathy in the clinic “DoctorPRO” is of high quality, painless and effective.