Memory aid to the patient of the Proctology department
Unfortunately, the time period between the occurrence of the disease and its visible manifestation may be too long, therefore a proctologic examination is necessary even if you are concerned about non-systemic and mild symptoms:
- any discomfort in the anus: itching, burning, pain;
- difficulty and pain when bowel evacuation;
- mucus secretion or bleeding;
- prolonged constipation;
- swelling of hemorrhoids;
- sensation of a foreign body in the anus.
It is also recommended to undergo a preventive examination in cases where the risk of complications is high:
- the patient is over 40 years of age and leads a sedentary lifestyle;
- postpartum period;
- engaging in sports requiring high physical exertion;
- abuse of spicy and salty foods, alcohol, tea and coffee.
It is definitely much easier to prevent a problem than to cure its effects. In addition, the prevention of diseases of the rectum takes a minimum of time:
- proper nutrition with a large amount of fiber which cleanses naturally the intestines and normalizes its function;
- intimate washing after a bowel movement;
- an active lifestyle, especially if you have a sedentary job.
If you feel the slightest symptoms or want to undergo preventive diagnostics, you will be offered comprehensive support and effective treatment at the Medical Center “DoctorPRO”.