If your hair has visibly thinned, lost a healthy shine and elasticity, has become brittle and dull, a course of mesotherapy procedures will help to cope with these problems.
What is hair mesotherapy?
Hair mesotherapy is an injection technique currently used in trichology to treat and prevent diseases of the scalp and hair. During the procedure, medications are used that enhance hair growth, provide them with essential nutrients, strengthen hair follicles and vascular walls of the scalp.
Why is hair mesotherapy useful?
Mesotherapy allows the following:
- strengthen the hair, stimulate its growth and stop its loss;
- make the hair strong, healthy, and shiny;
- stimulate the blood supply to the scalp;
- normalize the sebaceous glands.
The uniqueness of the procedure consists in the fact that it is suitable for hair of any type and can be used by both men and women aged 18 years and older. Specialists conducting it select the products for hair mesotherapy based on the goals to be achieved, as well as taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
These medications usually include:
- vitamin complexes;
- drugs that restore cell structure and stimulate their growth;
- trace elements and amino acids that strengthen the tissues of the scalp.
Mesotherapy is carried out in the following cases:
- treatment of diffuse or focal alopecia;
- elimination of fragility, dryness of hair, or its slow growth;
- combat with split ends;
- premature appearance of gray hair;
- elimination of dry or oily skin of the scalp;
- treatment of seborrhea, dandruff, frequent itching in the head.
Preparation for hair mesotherapy
Before undergoing the course of treatment, the patient should be consulted by a trichologist. The doctor determines his state of health, asks about well-being, collects information on the diseases in history and the established diagnoses, and excludes possible contraindications. He also diagnoses the condition of the hair and scalp to determine the list of disorders that need to be corrected. The doctor selects an individual set of drugs for mesotherapy against hair loss and makes an allergic test for its tolerance by the patient.
How is hair mesotherapy performed?
Immediately before the procedure, the scalp is thoroughly cleaned with disinfectants. Medications are injected into pre-selected areas of the skin with the thinnest needle. Local anesthesia is not used.
After mesotherapy the following is recommended:
- avoid washing your hair for one or two days;
- avoid head massage within 12 hours, a well as the use of masks and other cosmetics;
- avoid visiting the bath-house, solarium, do not stay in the open sun for two days;
- avoid hair coloring and other procedures with them during the course of treatment, so as not to reduce its effectiveness and not cause harm to the skin.
When is the effect of after hair mesotherapy visible?
The optimal course of treatment is up to ten procedures which are carried out with the intervals of 7-10 days. The visible result will be noticeable after a month, for this purpose you can compare the state of the strands on the photo taken before and after several procedures. The maximum effect is achieved six months after the start of therapy.
Contraindications for hair mesotherapy
Mesotherapy for hair growth is contraindicated in the following cases:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- acute infections and exacerbations of chronic diseases;
- autoimmune and oncological diseases;
- signs of inflammation of the lymph nodes located in the occipital part of the head;
- blood diseases;
- allergies to the drugs used;
- psoriasis, bacterial or fungal lesions of the skin;
- wounds or other skin lesions.
What is the danger of hair mesotherapy?
If the procedure is performed by an inexperienced specialist in an untested medical center, mesotherapy of the scalp is dangerous due to the development of the following:
- pyogenic dermatitis;
- hyperemia of the scalp;
- lymphadenitis of the occipital lymph nodes.
After the procedure, a worsening of the general condition (nausea, weakness) and the appearance of local reactions are possible, namely itching, swelling of the skin, the occurrence of hematomas, burns, or scars.
In order to minimize the risk of side effects, you should entrust your beauty and health to professionals - doctors of our medical center “DoctorPRO”. Here you can receive advice from a qualified specialist and undergo a set of procedures for mesotherapy under the most comfortable and safe conditions. Make an appointment, call us on the phone number listed on the site, or fill out the feedback form.