Treatment of bladder hyperactivity in “DoctorPRO” in Cherkasy
Hyperactive bladder (HAB) is a common urological disease occurring in 17% of the adult population of European countries. According to statistics, HAB most often affects women aged 40 years and older, but in recent years, this pathology has been increasingly registered in young people of both sexes.
The main symptoms of bladder hyperactivity:
- uncontrolled and sudden urge to urination, accompanied by an involuntary discharge of a few drops of urine;
- the need to empty the bladder even with a small amount of accumulated fluid;
- frequent urination at night: more than 3 times at night.
The patient constantly has a feeling of overfilling and urge to urinate, despite the recent visit to the toilet. Urinary incontinence leads to physical and psychological discomfort, results in insomnia, poor sleep quality, loss of performance and can cause depression and other neurological disorders.
Often, people suffering from hyperactivity of the bladder avoid visiting an urologist, as they hope that over time the disease will disappear on its own. But incontinence requires special treatment prescribed and monitored by an experienced specialist. Therefore, when symptoms occur, it is necessary to make an appointment with an urologist. Diagnostics of bladder hyperactivity consists in the following:
- initial examination of the patient and history taking;
- general and biochemical analysis of urine;
- conducting the study of the bladder and urethra (for example, ultrasound of the genitourinary system).
The task of the doctor is to rule out other urinary tract diseases with similar symptoms. For example, frequent urge to urination may be caused by the presence of calculi in the bladder or its inflammation. After diagnosing, the specialist develops a treatment regimen which takes into account the severity of the disease and the patient’s condition.
Causes of the bladder hyperactivity
Hyperactive bladder may have a neurogenic or idiopathic nature. In the first case, the disease is caused by a disorder of the central or peripheral nervous system and is provoked by pathologies such as:
- multiple sclerosis, stroke, Parkinson’s disease or other diseases of the brain or spinal cord, leading to depression of the nervous system;
- craniocerebral injury;
- non-inflammatory damage to the nervous tissue.
But more often, specialists are faced with idiopathic HAB, in which it is difficult to establish the specific cause of the disease. Indirect factors provoking the development of the pathology include:
- bladder diseases: infections, tumors, congenital defects;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal imbalance;
- severe stress and overfatigue;
- improper day regimen;
- unfavorable environmental conditions;
- unsupervised medication intake.
Pregnant women often experience symptoms of HAB, as a large fetus squeezes the bladder, which causes frequent urination and discomfort.
Bladder disease responds to treatment well. The methods are chosend depending on the established cause of the pathology. Usually, a course of medicines that relieve symptoms of hyperactive bladder is prescribed to the patient, and physiotherapeutic procedures are performed. Prevention of bladder hyperactivity involves performing exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, elaboration of a balanced diet, reducing stress levels, and proper rest.
Treatment of bladder hyperactivity in Cherkasy is carried out by experienced and qualified urologists. The use of advanced techniques and modern medications enables to strengthen quickly the bladder and restore its function. You can make an appointment with a specialist through the feedback form or by calling the telephone number listed on the site.